One could argue about the effectiveness of cross-trainers compared to that of other fitness equipment like treadmills. We wouldn’t focus on that but would mention that cross trainers provide a full-body workout for you- even better than treadmills. In this article, we would give a review of the JLL CT200 Home cross-trainer.
What should you expect from this post? First, detailed exposure to the product’s unique features, its build quality, performance, and limitations. If there are design flaws, we will tell you. If there are possible common problems with this device, you will see them. Lastly, we will provide you our recommendation for purchase. Remember, all of these are to give you a multifaceted piece of information that guide your buying decisions.
The CT200 Overview
At a glance, JLL CT200 is a stylish and durable-looking cross-trainer. Upon closer look and use, we can confidently say that this machine is a top-performing device that stimulates climbing, walking, or running without causing pressure on your joints. There are many features and functions incorporated into this equipment to ensure a robust training experience that lets you reduce weight, tone muscles, or meet any of our fitness goals in no time.
Some Unique Features Of This Product
- Heavy Duty flywheel: The flywheel of a cross-trainer plays a significant role in determining its effectiveness and overall performance. They are the drive system in this kind of machine. The JLL CT200 comes with a high-quality 5kg two-way flywheel. The front flywheel to ensure a whisper-quiet fluid and natural long-stride motion. The rare-flywheel guarantees optimum glides, low impact, and anti-jerk protection for your joints by reducing the shocks transferred to your body as you use the machine.
- Ergonomic Dual Handlebars: This machine allows you to target your exercise and train at either your upper, abdominal, or lower muscles by switching between its dual-action handlebars as you exercise. This targeted training enables you to either push forward within its synchronized arm and leg drive or simply close-in on the handlebars for a sprint finish burst. Yet, if you want to keep an eye on your training parameters, you should use the stationary one with built-in pulse sensors.
- Intelligent Braking System: As with other top cross trainers, this one comes with a superior-grade motor-controlled magnetic brake system. Magnetic brake systems have the unique characteristics of being quiet in operation and produce a smooth, steady braking effect. The braking system perfectly combines with the belt drive system (rather than a chain) to provide smooth, quiet running and halting the machine even on high resistance levels.
- Design: Many impressive functions make the overall design of this device commendable. First is the 3 position adjustable non-skid pedals for safe and secured exercise. Another is its curved design to the stationary handrails that lets you get a better grip and comfort when your workout intensifies.
Sadly, this cross trainer does not allow user profiles, nor does it come with any preset training programs. However, it has eight magnetic resistance levels and 4 manual programs to enable you to step up your workout intensity and reach your fitness goals even faster.
|Distance between pedals (stride length)||16 – 19.5cm (Adjustable)|
|Dimension||115.5 x 158 x 75 cm (L x H x W)|
|Maximum user weight||100kg|
|Flywheel Weight (Inertia system):||5.5kg|
|Computer-controlled levels of resistance||8|
|Heart rate monitor||Yes (via handgrip or included chest strap)|
JLL Fitness provides a 12-month warranty on this product. They also offer a 30-day money-back guarantee if you change your mind after the purchase.
- Sturdy construction
- 7 Function Monitor that displays time, speed, distance, pulse, calories burnt, and odometer.
- Quiet and smooth operation
- Maintenance-free magnetic brake system
- It does not support fitness test nor user profiles
Recommendation and Purchase Option
All in all, JLL CT200 Home Cross Trainer is, as its name implies – a machine designed for home use and perfect for low-intensity workouts. It delivers that, but no more. So, this device will perfectly suit you if you’re on a budget and looking for an affordable elliptical cross trainer to stay fit.