Air rowers perform the same function as the more popular magnetic rowing machine. The only difference is that the air rower’s resistance mechanism is controlled by air rather than a magnetic disc. There are many air rowing machines available today, but our focus here is the V-Fit Tornado.
In this article, we will see whether this product is worth the purchase. How? By assessing its performance, build-quality, available functions, and how they compare with competitive products within and outside its price range.
So, in the end, what we will have done is to help you arrive at a precise decision on whether this machine will suit your training routine, fitness goal, or other personal preferences.
The Tornado Overview
V-fit Tornado may not be a famous brand, but its product shimmers superior-quality. The Tornado air rower does not fall short of this reputation but delivers a challenging and realistic workout for both novices and elites in the comfort of their homes. More precisely, this V-Fit product is a unique club-style machine with a comfortable, modern-looking design, multiple function exercise monitor, and varying air resistance system. One of the machine’s stands out features is its tough, stainless steel frame and Aluminum rails that combine to provide more durability than many competitive products.
Some Unique Features Of This Product
- Resistance: Unlike the magnetic rowing machine with manually adjustable resistance, air rowers use air resistance generated from the wind turbine (fan) to provide thedrag for increasing the training effects. Precisely, the centre-pull micro link chain on the device drives the multi-vane fan to provide speed-proportionate resistance to the user. Hence, as you go faster, the machine automatically increases the difficulty.
- Console: The mounted LCD console on this device is quite small, but it is clear enough to display and read workout parameters. This six function LCD monitor displays time, speed, distance covered, strokes, stroke per minute, and calories burnt. These parameters let you monitor your training sessions, evaluate and adjust your performance when needed to quickly reach your fitness goals.
- Easy Assembly and Portability: For many air rowing machine, the assembly is quite a daunting task – many parts, unclear instructions, etc., are usually the most prominent cause. Some may be so heavy or the learning curve so high that it may require two people or a professional to install. However, it is not the casewith this machine. Its simple design makes it easy to assemble and install.
- Design: The Tornado rower is somewhat of a deluxe version of its predecessor, but it comes with an upgraded sculptured seat, ergonomically shaped row handle for a long pull, and other improvements on its fittings. This V-fit rower features a folding option that allows you to easily store the machine in confined spaces when not in use. Overall, this product shimmers excellence in its design and is ideal for both men and women.
- Additional Functions: Tornado comes with oversized footplates with deep heel cups and thick adjustable Velcro straps to fit your foot and keep it in place throughout the training. It supports users of up to 115kg and comes with bearing mounted seat guides.
|Rowing Mechanism||Air Resistance|
|Dimension||21.2 x 44 x 74 cm (L x W x H)|
|Maximum user weight||115kg|
|Heart rate monitor||Yes|
- Because of its air resistance mechanism, workouts are always intense
- It is suitable for both beginners and elites
- Sturdy stainless steel frame and Aluminum rail provides more durability
- Oversized footplates with Velcro straps
- Excellent overall performance
- Quite noisy
- No fold-function
Recommendation and Purchase Option
All in all, the V-fit Tornado Air Rowing machine is an excellent buy if you’re keen on getting an air rowing machine and have enough space in your home to fit it. The machine’s construct is incredible- featuring a stainless steel frame and aluminium rowing rail that adds a little to its weight but improves its sturdiness and durability. Like every other air rower, this one is quite noisy, and its chain drive system requires lubrication. There are no space-saving features available on this machine, but its performance in delivering an intense, full-body exercise is stellar.