Exercise bikes standout for their unique ability to boost cardio fitness, accelerate weight loss, provide a low-impact workout and most importantly, strengthen the legs and lower body muscles. They provide you with all the benefits of typical road cycling but are safer and more rigorous.
If you’re keen on buying a spinning bike, we’ve reviewed the Sportstech SX400 exercise bike. So, read on to see if it is your perfect fitness equipment.
Last update on 2022-05-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
For more options check our reviews: Spinning bike for sale.
About The Manufacturer
Sportstech is the home fitness division of the Berlin-based manufacturer of fitness equipment, Innovamaxx. The brand, although established in 2017, is already one of the fastest-growing home fitness brands in Germany. We can trace its massive growth to its core values for functionality design and innovative technology. Sportstech is a #1 Amazon Export champion and one of Europe’s 1000 fastest-growing companies in 2019.
SX400 is a premium product among Sportstech’s exercise bikes and competitors from other brands for effective fitness and endurance training. The device comes features an exceptional build quality and a design that provides a natural motion sequence, balanced and joint-gentle workout and highly impactful training sessions. It has a 22kg flywheel system that guarantees smooth pedalling while replicating the sensation of uphill/downhill movement and customizable design to fit all user height safely. Although, a little pricey, the machine’s overall performance worths every penny spent on it.
Some Unique Features Of This Product
- Design: The design of the Sportstech SX400 steps up the user safety and comfortability than you can get in most competitors. It comes equipped withexcellent anti-slip pedals that ensures safe workout without slipping user’s feet. These extra-safe pedals are also easily and quickly adjustable to the user’s height. The handlebars come with additional padding on the armrest that’ll eliminate pains in the arm and hands as you workout even during long training sessions. Finally, all of these outstanding features available on this product are combined in modern and unique aesthetics, making it an eye-catcher wherever you place it.
- Flywheel and Drivetrain: Generally, there are two types of transmissions available for speed bikes- belt or chain. This device uses high-quality poly-v belt drivetrain that eliminates, vibration and noise, lubrication and other maintenance as well as worrying about locked links. The machine features an excellently balanced flywheel system with 22 kilograms in weight. That means it can deliver a consistent 360-degree pedal stroke with sufficient resistance. This flywheel system is also bi-directional- it can be both pedalled forward and backwards with any resistance you select.
- Monitor: The Sportstech SX400 has an app-compatible console with Bluetooth function. The LCD monitor displays the user’s pulse, RPM, speed, distance covered, calories burnt and exercise time. Like with other Sportstech home fitness equipment, this machine’s console comes integrated with the Kinomap app. The Kinomap software allows users to create a training history, experience real distances in video mode, take part in a real-time event, or compete in the multiplayer mode with others.
|Distance between pedals (stride length)||19.5cm|
|Dimension||127 x 51 x 112 cm (L x W x H)|
|Maximum user weight||150kg|
|Braking system||Felt braking system|
|Kinomap training app||Yes|
This device has a 2-year warranty on its structural frame, mechanical components and other parts.
- Padded armrest
- Whisper-quiet operation
- Compatible with pulsation belt
- Adjustable sports saddle
- It supports all user heights and up to 150kg weight
- Slip-resistant pedals with adjustable support baskets
- Easy to assemble and little maintenance required
- It comes with toe cage pedals only
- Limited app compatibility
Recommendation And Buying Option
All in all, Sportstech SX400 is a top-quality spin bike that can provide optimum and rigorous workout training sessions even for professionals from the comfort of their homes. The device features an exceptional build quality that supports all user height and a maximum of 150kg. Its app compatibility is quite limited when compared to recent models,and its felt-brake system isn’t as good as the magnetic braking system. However, for its price, the machine does its job perfectly and should be one of the first-choice spin bikes to consider.